Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Let's Hear it for the Boys

Masculine influence in women's clothing and in the home - YES PLEASE! I've said it before and I will say it again: I love menswear on women! Nothing is more sexy and powerful than a woman in a tailored suit. Blazer's alone are a great way to command attention. I have often found that they only need a little tailoring to look exquisite. One thing I will note: Make sure to go to a tailor you know and trust. I have ruined some amazing vintage blazers by trying to get them tailored faster or cheaper and it's really a disappointment. It's not cheap to reconstruct something to fit you perfectly but it's definitely worth it.





I'm pretty sure Bianca Jagger's wedding suit was surely a showstopper. In the home, dark colors and clean lines are so chic and will make both the lady and the man of the house happy. Dark charcoals look great with everything including natural woods, which men seem to look better than white. When my fiance and I first moved in together, I had a lot of white "shabby chic" furniture that he wasn't a fan of. Today, with a simple coat of flat back or charcoal grey they still live happily in our home. Have fun with the bedding too - don't be afraid to mix and match masculine colors/prints with lighter things such as white





No comments:

Post a Comment