Monday, September 12, 2011

Mr. Thomson... Please

Yesterday I found some amazing vintage gems at the Sacramento Antique Fair and Fringe. While Fringe is always loaded with treasures, the Antique Fair every second Sunday of the month is definitely worth a visit! I try to go every month if nothing more than just to look... Although it's rare that I don't find something worthy of the house or my closet - the prices are great too!

This visit I found an awesome pair of vintage fuchsia trousers that fit like they were made for me. No alterations needed! Even better... The original tag is just perfect! Take a look:


At the antique fair I found a painting to go in my dining room and an over-sized mod letter. Both will go great mixed with something new. While the painting could be seen as overly feminine because its of flowers, I am placing it with a  few black and white photographs that will help balance it. When going to an antique store and you see a collection of old paintings, decor, etc, it might seem like everything just looks "old", in a bad way. BUT, if you look at them individually, they can really look great on their own or mixed with other more modern pieces. Sometimes, even just replacing the frame with a gallery frame or painting an old table, vase or knick knack does the trick.


Happy hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment